Job Title: Social Worker
Reports to: Executive Lead
Accountable To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Purpose of the Position
The Social Worker’s role is to support, as part of a team, the mental health needs of the sickle cell disease community. The role will provide counseling and other psycho-social supports to clients in individual and group settings; and is crucial to the success of the SCAGO’s projects and operations.
The Social Worker will work in a fast paced, high demand environment involving clients with physical and psycho-social issues of a complex, sensitive and time urgent nature. He/she will maintain professionalism and efficiency working with limited supervision, exerting initiative, good judgment, and excellent communication skills. He/she will be empathetic, compassionate and understanding when dealing with the clients.
# Of Hours/ Job Type
Contract base 30 hours/week @ $30/hour. Services are delivered in-person at SCAGO office or other service location – for 2 days/week – and remotely thereafter. Tuesdays are mandatory for in-person attendance; the other in-person day will be determined by ongoing operations.
The incumbent will also be required to support educational and/or psycho-social events on 1-2 Saturdays per month.
The Social Worker will work closely with a multidisciplinary team while reporting directly to the Executive Lead and/or the CEO. Incumbent will carry out tasks based on this job description and as may be advised. The incumbent will provide timely, qualitative monthly reports on progress/achievements inclusive of logged hours and summary of activities.
Advocate for clients (e.g. OW, ODSP, housing eviction)
Provide crisis management from a trauma-informed lens to address safety issues and chronic crisis situations with a safety plan
Provision of counseling and consultation services in a variety of settings to individuals and groups via telephone and cyber
Conduct bi-weekly peer support sessions
SCAGO – Job Description Social worker- 16-02-2022
Operate from evidence-based case management approaches (e.g., strengths-based, empowerment, anti-oppressive practice and motivational interventions)
Respond to emails, phone calls or other correspondences in a timely and responsible manner
Support SCAGO’s research work
Utilize software application to record, track and report on the client’s journey
Ensures that all communications and records be kept confidential and secure
Network with external stakeholders and industry partners in the community
Other duties as assigned
1. A masters’ degree in social work or psychology (MSW).
2. Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act, etc.)
3. Superior communication, problem-solving, time management and documentation skills
4. Ability to work collaboratively as member of a multidisciplinary team
5. Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied case load
6. Background in qualitative and quantitative studies an asset
7. Candidate who are bilingual with a minimum of 2 years+ experience working with racialized communities or patient organizations is preferable.
8. Experience with Teletherapy and creating a successful virtual experience
9. Experience providing consultation and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
10. Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector check
Send your cover letter and resume with references included, as a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Media Coordinator / Publicist
Reports To: Executive Lead
Accountable To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Purpose of the Position
We are looking to hire a Media Coordinator / Publicist with superb multimedia and organizational skills. The Media Coordinator / Publicist is expected to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
To be successful, the right Media Coordinator / Publicist will need to demonstrate ability to process large blocks of information and generate succinct audience-specific, multi-format messaging, possess strong time management and great creativity skills with a keen interest in creating and implementing cost-efficient and impactful media campaigns.
The Media Coordinator / Publicist will work in a fast paced, high-demand environment involving clients with physical and psycho-social issues of a complex, confidential and time urgent nature, media outlets and partner organizations. He/she will maintain professionalism and efficiency, require limited supervision, exerting initiative, good judgment, and excellent communication skills. He/she will be empathetic, compassionate, and understanding when dealing with the clients.
# Of Hours/ Job Type
Contract base 30 hours/week @ $30/hour. Services are delivered in-person at SCAGO office or other service location – for 2 days/week – and remotely thereafter. Tuesdays are mandatory for in-person attendance; the other in-person day will be determined by ongoing operations. The incumbent will also be required to support educational and/or psycho-social events on 1-2 Saturdays per month.
The Media Coordinator / Publicist will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, patient advocates, project collaborators, social workers, and report to the Executive Lead. The incumbent will carry out tasks based on this job description and as may be advised. The Media Coordinator / Publicist will provide accurate reports of logged hours, activities and work outcomes. Role Expectations
Demonstrate strong understanding and commitment to the mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan of the SCAGO
Develop and execute plans to generate media coverage and press mentions, showcasing successful SCAGO events, projects and expertise across media.
Actively engage SCAGO communities and target audience, including industry stakeholders, clients, and the public, through effective communication channels with compelling messages and content.
Take charge of digital media platforms, including email campaigns, newsletters and developing engaging content to enhance visibility and engagement.
Grow our social media exponentially
Create visually appealing graphics for marketing materials across media types, ensuring brand consistency and a strong visual identity.
Stay abreast of industry events, trends, and competitor activities, providing insights and recommendations for continuous engagement.
Assist in the planning and execution of marketing events, both online and offline, to promote awareness and engagement.
Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment between marketing initiatives and operational activities and objectives.
Monitor and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns, providing insights and recommendations for optimization.
Create SCD related concise, eye-catching, and creative social posts that engage sickle cell disease and the general Canadian audiences on these platforms – Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Monitor and support website content updating
Ensure timely dissemination of uniform messages are shared across all channels and tagging collaborators and their networks
Provide monthly and quarterly media reports including public awareness, website traffic and social media metrics
Develop social media content calendar (a month in advance) that boosts engagement and SCAGO’s visibility including biweekly newsletters and blogs
Ensure the accuracy of marketing communications by submitting all outbound content to management before publishing to ensure errorfree content
Support virtual and in-person webinars and other events (live streaming, reporting; press releases, etc.)
1. A passion for marketing, graphic design, and public relations, with hands-on experience and exposure to various facets of the marketing landscape.
2. Bachelor’s Degree: BSc. in Marketing or a related field.
3. Highly proficient in graphic design tools such as adobe photoshop
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling messages.
5. Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across different departments.
6. Ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines
7. Proactive and self-motivated, with a willingness to take on new challenges.
8. Digital Marketing Knowledge: Familiarity with social media platforms, email marketing tools, and content marketing strategies.
9. 5+ years of experience as a social media strategist with patient organization and/or healthcare experience
10. Superior communication, problem-solving, time management, and documentation skills
11. Excellent command of written and verbal English.
12. Advanced platform knowledge (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok)
If you are the right candidate, send your cover letter and resume (as a single document) to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of the email.