Who We Are
The Sickle Cell Awareness Group of Ontario (SCAGO) is a leading charitable patient organization providing evidence-based support to families with children, adolescents, and adults with SCD across the four regions of the province. It supports clinical research, engages in psycho-social research, health promotion, patients and care providers’ education, community awareness, and the development of best practices guidelines.
Who You Are
We are looking to hire a media coordinator with superb organizational skills. The Media coordinator is expected to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, the media coordinator should demonstrate fantastic time management and great creativity with a keen interest in creating and implementing cost-efficient and effective media campaigns. Top candidates will be critical thinkers with fantastic time management, excellent communication and planning skills
Where You’ll Work
The social media coordinator will work in a fast paced, high demand environment involving clients with physical and psycho-social issues of a complex, sensitive and time urgent nature. They will maintain professionalism and efficiency working with limited supervision, and exerting initiative, good judgment, and excellent communication skills. They will be empathetic, compassionate and understanding when dealing with the clients. This is a hybrid role.
Number of Hours/ Job Type
Contract base 20 hours/week @ $25/hour. The incumbent may also be required to support educational and/or psycho-social events on 1-2 Saturdays per month.
Hours of work and rate/hour may be increased based on funding and performance.
The social media coordinator will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals from sickle cell disease Centers of Excellence across the province, project collaborators, social workers and counselors, while reporting directly to the Operations Manager. Incumbent will carry out tasks based on this job description and as may be advised. The media coordinator will provide a bi-weekly report inclusive of logged hours and summary of activities.
The Media Coordinator will support grass root SCD and larger Black community programs. The incumbent must possess all skills listed under qualifications below.
The incumbent will among other responsibilities:
– Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission, core values, and strategic plan of the SCAGO
– Get familiar with our social media platforms, and create SCD-related concise, eye-catching, and creative social posts that engage SCD/Black community audiences on these platforms – Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other platforms as needed
– Ability to develop exceptional educational social media content including photography, video, and graphics.
– Develop SCD-related videos for TikTok and other valuable platforms
– Support website content updating
– Utilize free mass media public announcement opportunities to expand projects’ reach
– Support poster creation
– Work with project collaborators to ensure uniform messages are shared across the community
– Timely dissemination of materials tagging collaborators and their networks
– Provide bi-weekly and quarterly reports including website and social media metrics
– Develop social media content calendar (a month in advance) that boosts engagement at a minimum of 15% more per quarterly
– Improve SCAGO’s visibility through SEO to 85% on Google and similar sites
– Ensure the accuracy of marketing communications by submitting all outbound content to management before publishing to ensure error-free contents
– Develop bi-weekly newsletters and blogs
– Support zoom webinars and other online sessions (live streaming and sharing on social media etc)
- 4+ years of experience as a social media strategist
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time management, and documentation skills
- Experience with communication management
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied caseload
- Candidate who are bilingual with a minimum of 3-5 experience working with racialized communities or patient organizations are preferable
- Excellent Graphic Design, Adobe Photoshop, Data Entry, MailChimp, and Copywriting skills
- Excellent command of written and verbal English.
- 5+ years of advanced platform knowledge (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 per hour
- Are you currently working, and in a full-time or part-time position?
- Are you able to work in a high-paced environment, delivering role expectations effectively and efficiently?
- To apply you must possess Adobe Photoshop, Mailchimp, and Copywriting skills
- Social Media and General Media: 4 years (preferred)