Respite, Emergency, and Transportation
One of SCAGO’s missions is to alleviate poverty and hardship associated with sickle cell disease (SCD). To fulfill this mission, we provide respite, emergency, and transportation support to families affected by SCD, and through this program, we have been improving the physical and psycho-social well-being of individuals and families affected by SCD across Ontario.
What we support
- respite support to alleviate some of the stressors of caring for a loved one with SCD,
- emergency grant to families in dire financial need for the purchase of medication (grant benefits those who are not able to afford prescribed medications including patients with pending applications for Ontario Trillium and other health benefits); health-enhancing supplements; extra-nourishing food, etc. to support optimal health,
- transportation support for families who have to travel for treatment and are not able to afford the cost of travel within the province.
How much do we provide?
A maximum of $250/family/year.
How to qualify
- Complete the emergency grant form below
- Upload a letter from your hospital social/caseworker attesting to the diagnosis of SCD and emergency need. The letter must show the name and contact information of your social/caseworker
- Provide the name of the beneficiary if different from the applicant and the direct deposit email transfer information
Please complete this application form by answering all sections. Please write legibly.